Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

I have a Modine TLP radiant tube propane heater, I can see…

Customer Question
I have a Modine...

I have a Modine TLP radiant tube propane heater, I can see the hot surface ignitor cycle three time but the gas does not flow to supply heat. I have verified that gas is available. How do I find out which part needs to be replaced? I suspect the sensor next to the ignitor, gas valve but there may be other possiblities that I am not aware of. Can you help me figure out where the problem lies? I have volt/ohm meter and know how to use it but need direction/information

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If at all possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have the model and serial number if that is helpful

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Home Improvement
1/13/2018
Home Improvement Expert: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 month ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, either the gas valve is bad, OR the printed circuit board is bad.

.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the controls access door, and the printed circuit board , , and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just need to know how to tell if I need a control board or a gas valve, I will have to leave home in about 20 minutes. If it is better we can do a phone call mid afternoon tomorrow.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess I need to leave a bit earlier than I thought please send me info on resuming tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for your help.
Kevin

Hello again, just post back here tomorrow when you want the call, that will put you back at the top of the list and I will call then as soon as I can.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am ready for the phone call now, please call my home land line(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am available for the phone call now, please call my home land line(###) ###-####

Hello again, I hate to do this to you, but now our server has 'expired' the phone call... yesterday and earlier today it was still not working though.. it would not put calls through. I am sure our management has a team of engineers working on it.

We should stay here in this dialog box for now.

I might however try to call you on my personal line at my own expense.

http://file:///C:/Users/philip/Downloads/AIR%209-117%20(2).pdf

see page 12 for phone

.

Brian
Brian
Brian, Architect