Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

Toilet model CST 934SF keeps running. The flapper has been…

Toilet model CST 934SF...

Toilet model CST 934SF keeps running. The flapper has been changed numerous times. Thank you

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

At least a year. probably more. the toilet is (or should have been) no more than five years old. All the toilets in the apartment have this problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not if i can help it. I would hire you

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so will this plumber have experience with Kohler? and when will they come?

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/11/2018
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

The leak may be from a few things;

1. The flapper chain should not have any strain on it, it should have a slight sag so the flapper will close and seal tight around the overflow assembly.

2. The flapper itself must encompass the entire rim on the overflow assembly and not allow any water to come between the flapper and the overflow rim

3. The overflow assembly rim must not be cracked or has any nicks of chips that would allow water to leak past

4. The overflow assembly itself must be completely sealed on the bottom as the problem may not be the flapper but the overflow seal below the flapper.

5. The toilet tank itself is not cracked at this point that would allow water to leak

These are the only areas that would allow the water to leak out, and should be inspected very closer to better determine what is actually causing the water loss. Also note that many after market flappers do not always fit 100% and may leak. If so it is recommended to replace the entire overflow/flapper assembly, which is fairly easy to do on a 2 piece toilet, however a 1 piece toilet may not be possible and the entire toilet may require replacing. If you find any cracks in the toilet, then replace the entire toilet.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no thank you

You are most welcome, thanks for letting me know and enjoy the new year.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor
David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor