Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a mendota seabrook gas fireplace insert that will not…

Customer Question
I have a mendota...

I have a mendota seabrook gas fireplace insert that will not shut off. checked & replaced batteries & manuel shut off &?still will not turn off. Any help!

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Mendota Seabrook direct vent gas fireplace insert.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Prefer not to but can not locate anyone to service it. Just want to know if there is anything else we can do to turn off. Remote had been working as of this morning but now will not turn off.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not sure what else i can tell you!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/6/2018
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

I​f you turn the gas valve off, the unit will turn off completely until you get it repaired. Did you have some other issue with the controls, or just trying to get the gas valve off for safety reasons?