Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

From NC. Servicing payne PY1PNB sparks in cycles but no

Customer Question
Servicing payne PY1PNB sparks...

Servicing payne PY1PNB sparks in cycles but no voltage to valve

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It had bad capacitor and motor was just huming. It runs now I thought I fixed it but no

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
1/5/2018
Home Improvement Expert: Steve Peck, The guy your dad would ask! replied 3 months ago
Steve Peck
Steve Peck, The guy your dad would ask!

Hello, I'm Steve Can I help you with this?

Payne furnace cycles and sparks but no voltage to gas valve
I am not at furnace

Okay that's terrible when NC is 35*. Lets see if we can fix this gas pack!

Can be there 15 m

Ok, Have you tried anything except turn it on and look?

The motor was not turning so I replaced capacitor. It runs and sparks

Is there a better description?

Did combustion blower (little motor) come on?

Led glows solid

Is this a rooftop (on building) or on the ground?

Ground unit
Py1pnb model
No 24 v to gas valve but sparking

That's easier to work on, give me a second to read up on that unit.

Can you tell me if solid glow is good?

It does not blink

Just to clarify, has it ran since you worked on blower? Did blower completely quit?

Combustion blower was not turning just humming so I replaced capacitor and now it runs and runs and sparks to burners in 15 second cycles nut no 24 to gas valve
But
I punt till tomorrow
I am servicing for neighbor
He got fireplace anyway

Ok cool, WC says it's going to be 15 in Charlotte tonight.

I think control board and i won't risk

Sounds good this is a paid service, I was about to hit you with some options!

Try a power cycle then check all limit switches for resets.

good luck!

We will be here tomorrow also.

Brian
Brian
Brian, Architect