Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

The middle of a remodel. We moved a bath and there is now a…

Customer Question
I am I. The...

I am I. The middle of a remodel. We moved a hall bath and there is now a floor concrete air return in the right code of my vanity. It is not covered / but promised to do so. My question is it possible to place a vanity sink over this air return by using shorter plumbing parts?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The filter it to the side wall. The concrete edges jute up about 18-20 inch’s that need covering.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My contractor now states I can not have a sink over the return because it could leak and cause mold

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
I made a mistake on my phone number: should be(###) ###-#### Thanks. Jo
1/5/2018
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You can put the vanity cabinet over the return as long as you duct the return to the toe kick of the vanity cabinet and put a grill there. There is an additional charge for a phone call