Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Garage remote control will open garage door but not close…

Customer Question
Garage remote control will...

Garage remote control will open garage door but not close it. How do I fix it?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Over 1 year.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, that is all.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
1/3/2018
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 7 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ............my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today……… what I would like to do for a start is erase the transmitters.....do a hard reset and then re program.......please follow these instructions explicitly and in its sequence

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS:

hold down the LEARN button on the opener for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET:

unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....there is no battery in the wall transmitter…..plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? Hold them with-in 16 inches of the opener when you do

This is starting off with something simple and hopefully it will resolve the issue

I will need information you can provide...... especially….make and model…..how old it is ….any kind of changes or disruptions that may have caused it not to work properly

Always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited…..Please let me know how it goes

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

I try and did not work. Will open but not close. Genie pro screw model CM86001C-A
Can you please call me
FRED

I have nothing to do with billing but Just Answer requires a separate Premium charge for a phone service .......or we can try other steps on this venue (e-mail) to see if we can rectify this .........I will do what you wish........but again if you will......

1-) how old it is the opener? do you have a manual?

2-) any kind of changes or disruptions that may have caused it not to work properly?

3-) there are safety sensors on the rail at the bottom... do they both have a steady non flickering light?

4-) is the door reversing after you press it ?

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

I trust this held substantial meaning for you ....got you out of your difficulty and would consider a 5 STAR rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you! If you do need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks

eddie