Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I can't get 2 of 4 drawers of my file cabinet open. Just…

Customer Question
I can't get 2...

I can't get 2 of 4 drawers of my file cabinet open

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today just today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have taken the 2 drawers out

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2018
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 5 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Which 2 drawers were removed and is this a metal or wood filing cabinet?

the top and bottom it's wooden

Does this file cabinet have a lock on it? If so many of these type of cabinets have a built in feature that allows all drawers to lock using a series of metal rods and linkage that usually gets pushed out of the way when the other drawers are closed completely (this prevents tip over). If you have a couple of the drawers out you should be able to look inside towards the sides, front, or back and see if there is that linkage. Lifting up or pushing down on the linkage may allow the other drawers to open.

I stil
l can't get them open. I have to leave , can you help me in the morning?
Please e-mail me tomorrow

Ok when ready just reply to this post, also if you can upload a few photos that would help, both up close and at a distance so I can see what you have.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on January 02, 2018 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

Thank you,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

I do apologize for these continuing follow-up messages, however since this question remains open and will only close out once the rating portion has been completed by you. Please assist me by taking a few moments to fulfill the rating requirement and this will satisfy the system.

Thank you so much, I sincerely ***** *****

Best,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 days ago

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave