Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I bought 2 Genie door openers about three weeks ago. I also…

Customer Question
I bought 2 Genie...

I bought 2 Genie door openers about three weeks ago. I also had purchased one last year. Batteries last about 3 opens. Another one bit the dust this morning. What is the issue???? Very frustrating to say the least.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since the day after I purchased the last two. Prior to that I would put a new batery in the older one and same problem. Last about 2-3 opens.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Putting the batteries in theopeners isn;t a major job.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What else would you possibly need to know? New ones came with a battery and I purchased two packs of more batteries.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 2 days by:
1/5/2018
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 6 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi my name is ***** ***** tool a little bit ....I just got this now ........I hope you can still use our help...........if you will.....…….I need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for.......with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

1-) the make GENIE and model of the opener. How old it is. And do you have the manual?

2-) the make and model of the remote…..key less or universal?

3-) do you know where the opener controls are? And do you know how to access them?

4-) The color of the learn button on the opener is?

5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this....any wiring or perhaps a recent power outage. What made it go from working to non-working?

6-) if new when you purchased your transmitter did you check for compatibility?

7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie