Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have an Admiral washer #ATW4675YQ and the hot water fills…

Customer Question
I have an Admiral...

I have an Admiral washer #ATW4675YQ and the hot water fills extremely slow. Any suggestions?.........Jim

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I repeat: It is an Admiral ATW4675YQ and we bought it new in 2013.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No......I suspect it to be a mixing valve replacement

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 6 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

M​ost likely the problem is a clogged filter screen at the hose connection to the machine, or a weak water valve solenoid. Try the screen 1st and see if that resolves the problem, if not switch the water lines on the machine (put hot onto cold and cold onto hot) and see if the same problem. If so then it is machine related, if not then the problem is house related.