Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Code Enforcement is requesting a Certificate of Compliance,

in Syracuse, NY. It's been...
Code Enforcement is requesting a Certificate of Compliance, in Syracuse, NY. It's been 5 years since I bought this 4-unit rental property and they said I need one renewed every 5 years. My question is: What are they looking for? Thanks.
12/28/2017
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Basically they want to know how the building is being used/occupied and is required every 5 years. This form is fairly straightforward based on how you fill in the required information. After filling in the info, calculate a payment, retain a copy for yourself, and send it in. Here is a link to the form.

http://www.syracuse.ny.us/uploadedFiles/Departments/Code_Enforcement/Content/Rental_Registry_Documents/Application%20for%20Certificate%20of%20Compliance.pdf

I get nervous with code Enforcement. They won't be looking for code violations? Not that I have any, but what do I know.

I​ understand, they are not happy until you're not happy, but either way, if they show up and make a list, just comply and move on. Most of what they look for is health and safety issues, especially if you rent to housing tenants. I deal with that every month, no big deal, just part of the business of owning rental properties. Happy Holidays to you and family!

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures,every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past areasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should havehelped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or haveadditional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this postingthat you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is almost 60 days old and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like for us to close out this question, however to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Thank you very much for the positive rating, I sincerely ***** ***** If you need further assistance or help with another question, just let me know.

Best,

Dave