Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

This morning, our second bathroom has no water while all…

Customer Question
Hi, this morning, our...

Hi, this morning, our second bathroom has no water while all other bathrooms and kitchen faucets are working fine. There is no leaking water sign in the vanity or in the basement . What is the reason/problem? please

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It just happened this morning around 9 am while I tried to wash. No water.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, for the snowy day.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Where should I look for? If you come to fix, how far can you come and the rate of service charge?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/26/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 6 months ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

Given your description a frozen pipe is the most likely culprit. The best things to do are: keep the hot and cold faucet open as long as someone is home and awake, get as much heat into the areas where the piping runs as possible and you can use a hair dryer or a heat gun (basically a hair dryer on steroids) on exposed piping. Leaving the faucets open will minimizes the chances that the pipe will break. A plumber with a pipe thawing machine can thaw out your concealed pipes if the piping is copper.
I'm sorry I only provide consulting services. We don't do service calls.

Rick, thank you so much for your prompt answers. Something quite strange is that the bathroom in on the second floor, the pipings go inside the wall. I can not trace the pipe. Now I already put a heather in the room and also a small heather to heat the pipe underneath the sink. What else can I do to find the issue? Does Homedepot carry the pipe thawing machine? Is it easy to use? Thanks!

Pipe thawing machine is very expensive and only available at plumbing supply houses. Best bet is to keep the heat as high as you can in that area and leave the faucets open while somebody is around.