Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Light will not work with motion decter. About a week. Bulbs…

Customer Question
Light will not work...

Light will not work with motion decter

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Bulbs have been changed but no electic to bulbs

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

System about 8 years old an I have consulted aelectrican

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
12/24/2017
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 5 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

If the motion sensor part of the light fixture is not working or producing any voltage to the light bulbs, it is either an open or faulty wire, a bad selector switch on the fixture not making contact, or a bad motion sensor circuit board. In either of those cases it will need to be field inspected to determine what the problem is and how best to resolve the problem.

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I have not been able to locate any additional information on this issue and since I have not received any feedback, I am thinking the recommendations I mentioned above have been helpful in resolving this problem. If you still need additional assistance just let me know by using the reply box.

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

Brian
Brian
Brian, Architect