Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

My boiler is not getting water to the pipes and the

Customer Question
My boiler is not...

My boiler is not getting water to the pipes and the registers are not warm

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I had a heating guy replace a pump last January and it worked for a while but it has been a warm fall/winter up to this point and now that it is cold I notice it, I do not here water running through the pipes in the registers

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not real comfortable but can troubleshoot

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can I flip the on/off switch and see if anything changes?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
12/24/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, in 95% of these cases. there is air trapped at the *high points in the system, and there are air bleed valves at each high point so you can bleed the air out.

Click here for some pictures

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.