Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I WANT TO RESET A SCHLAGE LOCK COMBINATION. ENOUGH TO GET ME…

Customer Question
I WANT TO RESET...

I WANT TO RESET A SCHLAGE LOCK COMBINATION

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

LONG ENOUGH TO GET ME FLUSTRATED

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

NO JUST HOW TO CHANGE THE 4 NUMBER CODE ON THE LOCK

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 3 days by:
12/27/2017
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

This question just appeared on the available questions list, (not sure why it took so long unless another expert had it locked), but here is a link to Schlage to help reprogram the lock. Look under support and then How To for the manuals. I do not know which model lock you have, but the procedures should be similar. The users guides will help to change the code, the other manuals, will unlock the lock but not change the code. Hopefully this is what you need, if not let me know and I'll continue.

https://www.schlage.com/en/home/products/products-keypads.html

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

As of this posting I have not been able to locate any additional information on this specific issue, and since I have not received any reply or feedback from the recommendations I mentioned above, I trust they have been helpful in resolving this problem. However, if you are still needing additional assistance, please let me know by using the reply box below, otherwise I will proceed in closing out this question.

Thank you,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on December 27, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 6 months ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is almost 60 days old and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like for us to close out this question, however to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 5 months ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago

Thank you,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago

Thank you,

Dave

I do apologize for these continuing follow-up messages, however since this question remains open and will only close out once the rating portion has been completed by you. Please assist me by taking a few moments to fulfill the rating requirement and this will satisfy the system.

Thank you so much, I sincerely ***** *****

Best,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

Thank you,

Dave