Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a star safe, I have the key but forgot the 4 number…

Customer Question
I have a star...

I have a star safe, I have the key but forgot the 4 number combination. The ssl is 044005

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

6 months

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I bought the safe many many years ago

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
12/23/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 6 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ...........are you sure you forgot the combination or is the handle moving and just not opening?.......when was the last time is was opened successfully?........... how old is the safe and have you ever done any lubrication on it ?........if you could get me the model and I assume it is a dial not keypad?

Thanks

eddie

I have had the safe about 20 years and I do not see a model number. It is a dial combination and I have the key.
I lost the combination but for a couple of years I opened the safe using the combination and the key and locked thesafe with the key and did not change the combination and just used the key to open it. About six months ago I accidentally hit the combination and have not been able to open it since.
Any suggestion on how to open the safe?

Have you tried calling them ?.............it could be another company probably bought them out

You charged my account but you have not solved my problem. Your answwr was thecall the safe company, that's not a solution.
Please refund my money..

I didnt I have nothing to do with billing

if you don't rate me you won't be charged ...........and you asked for a phone service

I asked for phone service and you replied that you could not call now and to continue online and you still have not solved myproblem.

if in case you do get charged you'll have to contact customer service .............and that wasn't my answer just a question I have to try and figure this all out on what little info you are providing ..........I am not there and I have tyo go on what you are telling me ........which makes it that much more difficult

is it your wish to continue ?

okay I am going to opt out ..............good luck