Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a heatilator that was installed in my house in 1995.

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a heatilator that was installed in my house in 1995. The igniter does not work properly and the blower is getting bad. Can I just replace the ingniter and blower without replacing the entire unit?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

No thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe, there are no filters that I can find....had many experts out and no one can fix the problems

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just do not want to rip out the existing box to replace with a new one.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
12/22/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 6 months ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What's the model number of your unit? is the igniter electronic or manual push button?