Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I’m hooking a four wire 220 into my existing circuit breaker…

Customer Question
I’m hooking a four...

I’m hooking a four wire 220 into my existing circuit breaker box I have the two hot leads black and red. White and the green. ones neutral ones ground where does the ground in the neutral hook in the box

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

19 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have the two power leads hooked to breaker just can’t remember where the green and white hook in ones ground and ones nutreul. Do they hook into the same bar?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
12/16/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Home Guru, Handyman replied 4 months ago
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

The ground goes to the Neutral bar as well.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Thank youyes i got your response.that is how I had it hooked up .just wanted to make sure I was right .Thanks for the awesome and quick response.that was great .you made my job easier. Thank you sgain

No problem just PLEASE USE THE FINISH BY RATING LINK SO I CAN GET CREDIT FROM THE SITE AND CLOSE THIS OUT..thanks

Hi there,

Home Guru
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman