Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I tried to open but the combination spines freely iinput the…

Customer Question
I tried to open...

I tried to open but the combination spines freely iinput the correct combo no but when I turen the key it doesent turn turn

Contractor's Assistant: What are you having trouble accessing or opening?

My safe I cant

Contractor's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Sisco model no is1071

Contractor's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I have tried the combo several times the combo spines freely

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

When I try the key it wont turn

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
12/15/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 7 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi .......this is an old safe and probably is in dire need of some lubricant ........what you can try is to put in the combination............tap around on the door (hinge side not necessary) with a rubber or wooden mallet while lifting the handle ..........you might need to try this a few times .....if it opens, then empty the contents from your safe, lube those moving parts including the hinges with WD-40, flex the handle a few times shut it and see if that did the trick.......use WD40 especially on the opening mechanism inside the door and those locking bars............. please let me know

Thanks

eddie