Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Hinter ceiling fan model 22550, fan works, lights stopped…

Customer Question
Hinter ceiling fan model...

Hinter ceiling fan model 22550, fan works, lights stopped working. Bulbs are good. Remote control is ok.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just occurred this week. I removed the cables & inserted wires direct to power & work fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes. Actually off overnight.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible, yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I don't think there's anything that was missed.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
12/15/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 7 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi why was it that you had to remove the cables?.........did the plug in modular for the light kit go back the same way

One bulb blew out & the other 2 went out. I thought it was the receptical so I disconnected the black and white wires & plugged directly, which worked. Both wires were reconnected correctly.
Thanks Pete

were you using the right wattage in the kit?.......it is important

P.s. fan/lights have been operating problem-free over 5 yrs.

operating problem free and operating under the right conditions are 2 different things.........you removed the cables to what and what worked fine ?...........the light kit?...............the fan?.........both ?

I removed the light kit to check it with a bulb and worked fine. I re-connected the wiring back to original state. The fan works. The lights do not.

okay ..........to operate the fan/lights do you have a dual wall switch? ............pull chains or just the remote?.....if so we have to assume the problem is pointing to the remote transmitter then ........years go by and it doesn't make good contact or the buttons become worn............there is a way to open it and access where the buttons meet a small circuit board ..........if you clean these with alcohol and a cotton swab it may do the trick.......please let me know

thanks

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie