Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a gas fire place, the the wall remote is not igniting…

Customer Question
I have a gas...

I have a gas fire place, the the wall remote is not igniting the fire

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

It's a Gas fireplace, or are you asking the model?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can, otherwise i can hire

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
12/15/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What's the brand and model number of your unit?

were can i find this?
hello?
Hi Rick, are you still there for me?

It's usually on a rating tag in the compartment that the gas valve is in (bottom of the unit)

ok will go to check
dormont mfg
model is 1625 N

I'm sorry I can't find any info on your unit. Perhaps one of my colleagues is familiar with it.
I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.