Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a electric heat and air runs for awhile then shuts…

Customer Question
I have a electric...

I have a electric heat and air runs for awhile then shuts off shut off breaker turn it back on it works for a while what to do

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I have the thermostat on on position filter is some what dirty

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I guess cant afford to hire enyone

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Lights flicker and go out also an electrictriction said i deed new bracker for the lights

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
12/15/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Home Guru, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

This sounds like a bad breaker or bad connection to the breaker at the panel. If the breaker or conenction is bad it will run for a bit then trip it due to too much current. Iw ould have the breakers replaced or connections checked in the panel.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!