Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Why wont my carbon monoxide detector shut off. How do i

Customer Question
Why wont my carbon...

Why wont my carbon monoxide detector shut off

Contractor's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

How do i know

Contractor's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I have removed the batteries, opened all the doors and let fresh air in and it will not stop

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Lno

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
12/13/2017
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

T​here are 2 possible reasons. It is detecting carbon monoxide, or it could be dirty internally or faulty. The best way to determine which is to have a working CO detector next to the one that won't shut off and see if it goes off as well. If so then most likely there is CO being detected. If not then the one going off is faulty. Unfortunately they are not repairable and would need replacing.

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on December 13, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

I have not been able to locate any additional information on this issue and since I have not received any feedback, I am thinking the recommendations I mentioned above have been helpful in resolving this problem. If you still need additional assistance just let me know by using the reply box.

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question? If this information was helpful you can close out this question simply by completing the rating questionnaire when prompted, however…

If you are still having problems that my response and recommendations were unable to resolve, just let me know and I will continue looking for another possible solution, however I do ask that you please do not complete the rating until I have had a chance to do some further research.

Thanks,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 27 days ago

Thank you,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor