Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a flat roof extension over a back room off my house.

Customer Question
The roof panels are 6"...
I have a flat roof extension over a back room off my house. The roof panels are 6" foam aluminum panels that extend out about 25 feet. Each one is about four feet wide and we used 4 panels to cover the room. We have had a roofer in the past put a liquid coating over the seams on the roof to make sure the roof does not leak as we had some leaking in heavy rains. I have decided to buy the product and have a person apply the coating, but I am not sure the best product to use. I am considering the flex seal liquid to seal the roof but do not know what a roofing product available would be the best. Do you know of a product and what is the best way to apply it? Thank you for your help.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
12/12/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Susan Latta, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
Susan Latta
Susan Latta, General Contractor

Hi, my name is***** Contractor and Kitchen and Bath Designer. Welcome to Just Answer, I will be assisting you with your question.

There are several options, but the best is to spray or apply silicone to the roof. Here is a page from Lowe's showing their silicone roofing products:

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=silicone+roofing

Any of those options would be good.

Another option would be to cover your roof with metal roofing and you could live worry free for many years to come.

If you have additional questions regarding this subject, please feel free to ask. Thank you for using Just Answer as your handy, go-to informational resource!

Susan

If you feel I have addressed your concerns, please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; this is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating, will not end our conversation, should you have additional questions surrounding this topic. Simply click on “Reply” to write back and I am happy to continue with no additional charges.