Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Have an empire gas fireplace pilot is on but cant get the…

Customer Question
Have an empire gas...

Have an empire gas fireplace pilot is on but cant get the fire to light

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Hmmm gas the remote says empire

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not if it is complicated. wanted to trouble shoot before i called someone

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope pilot on. when i push buttons on remote the red light comes on on remote only two buttons on.off and H/L

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What is the model number of your unit?

Where do I find that

Usually on the rating tag near the gas control valve

Rcaf 1031-4
Are you there

That's the remote. I need the fireplace model

Have a little patience please! I'm not a machine. I takes time to type and look up specs

Haha

Waiting on a model number

Don’t know if I can find that

If you can't find the model number chances are pretty slim you can fix this. Can find the gas control valve?

Nope. I usually just turn it on with remote and the pilot is on as it is now

I'm sorry you need some basic familiarity with this unit to fix this. It's not as simple as hitting a reset button

Got it

Good luck with this