Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Since reprograming my new car to open/close the garage door…

Customer Question
Since reprograming my new...

Since reprograming my new car to open/close the garage door it works well, HOWEVER,

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Several cars in teh neighborhood now open MY garage door when opening their garage door.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on how difficlult

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Help me to reprogram my garage door such that it doesnt allow other cars in teh neighborhood to open my garage door when they are trying to open their garage door!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
12/8/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 7 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi .....you probably need to erase and reset ..then when you program your remote may have what is called a rolling code and will change the frequency ........so if you will please follow these instructions explicitly and in its sequence

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS:

hold down the LEARN button on the opener for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET:

unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....there is no battery in the wall transmitter…..plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? Hold them with-in 16 inches of the opener when you do

This is starting off with something simple and hopefully it will resolve the issue......

Always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited…..Please let me know how it goes

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie