Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Have a genie powermax 1200. Power went out and opener no…

Customer Question
Have a genie powermax...

Have a genie powermax 1200. Power went out and opener no longer works, no lights on the

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Wall switch or the saftey lights on the side. i did unplug it for 24 hrs still does not work

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can. does this unit have a reset switch?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Only that it looks like the safe-t-beams are dimly blinking

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
12/8/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 6 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi .............I hope this will work ..........and it won't be something of a deeper issue

what I would like to do for a start is erase the transmitters.....do a hard reset and then re program.......please follow these instructions explicitly and in its sequence

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS:

hold down the LEARN button on the opener for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET:

unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....there is no battery in the wall transmitter…..plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? Hold them with-in 16 inches of the opener when you do

This is starting off with something simple and hopefully it will resolve the issue......

Always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited…..Please let me know how it goes

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor