Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I purchased a box of the new BRITA Longlast pitcher

Customer Question
I purchased a box...

I purchased a box of the new BRITA Longlast pitcher replacement filters. I used it for about a month and when I tried to add more water for filtering it would not flow down thru the filter. I added a new filter from the box, and it started working again. I love the quality of the water, but these filters are supposed to last me 3X longer than the ones I was using, and the cost is considerably higher. HELP! ***** *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

I don't know what you are talking about--fuel? shut-off valve? I'm trying to re-add water to my pitcher and it will not flow through the filter for the reduction of contaminants.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Has my message gone to outter space. I'm a homemaker trying to provide clean water for my family. I have a BRITA pitcher that is about 6 years old and I bought a box of the new filters that filter out lead since my home was built in l932. Please explain your answer.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Obviously my info. is not reaching a real person. I'm not an Engineer. Yes, I am putting the filter in the water pitcher all by myself. I have been using the pitcher for 5-6 years and replacing it myself everytime and have never had this problem that suddenly the water I add to be filtered will not flow down through the filter? What additional info. would you need to know?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 4 days by:
12/12/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Susan Latta, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
Susan Latta
Susan Latta, General Contractor

Hi, my name is***** Contractor and Kitchen and Bath Designer. Welcome to Just Answer, I will be assisting you with your question.

My goodness, what happened there!! That was very curious! Sorry about that. My first question is if you purchased the right size filter for your pitcher....apparently there are many different sizes? But I bet if you called the company to complain, they would send you new filters. The website says each one is supposed to last 6 months. And unless they changed the rules, the water is to flow throw the filter as you fill the pitcher.Do you use the computer at all? You may want to look at their website if so:https://www.brita.com/They explain the different units and filters on there. You can also:"Earn points for every purchase — and some fun activities. Redeem points for coupons, Brita® gear, sweepstakes entries, and donations to the American Heart Association.*" You can also get on a replacement plan for filters, without shipping costs. I would imagine they make faulty or defective filters every once in a while too, which would explain your filter that didn't allow water to go through. I would not hesitate to call them to let them know, and I'm sure they will replace it free of charge. It sounds like you are a loyal customer and they wouldn't want to lose you as a customer, so the ball is in your court. Their phone number is *****

If you have additional questions regarding this subject, please feel free to ask. Thank you for using Just Answer as your handy, go-to informational resource!

Susan

If you feel I have addressed your concerns, please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; this is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating, will not end our conversation, should you have additional questions surrounding this topic. Simply click on “Reply” to write back and I am happy to continue with no additional charges.