Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Why do the new clamp faces go beyond parallel! My older set…

Customer Question
Why do the new...

Why do the new clamp faces go beyond parallel! My older set assures a parallel clamp pressure.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

They new. The plastic piece which the pads are attached to will move beyond parallel. My older clamps assured a parallel clamp pressure. It's a different design. Must be a reason for it, but when clamping boards for a table top and boards are resting on the clamp rail, the jaws move beyond parallel.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Huh?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Why are the new Irwin clamps designed this way? Doesn't make sense.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
12/4/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 7 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ...........if you are doing table tops you may want to make a switch to Pony clamps they will really have the grip and clamping power you need.......... I always found the Quick Grips didn't and more awkward to handle ...............the pros with the Pony are you can get the size you need by just getting a different pipe and whatever you have will lay flat on the pipe while you apply the force you need......I am always interested to know what a fellow woodworker thinks

Thanks

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

I trust this held substantial meaning for you ....got you out of your difficulty and would consider a 5 STAR rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you! If you do need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks

eddie