Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Weight of the massage chair? I need to move my OS-709 chair…

Customer Question
Weight of the massage...

Weight of the massage chair? I need to move my OS-709 chair and the shippers want to know the weight. I no longer have the user's manual with the specs

Contractor's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Millenium OS-709

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

I tried calling both Brookstone who I bought it from 16 years ago and I called OSIM the manufacturer. I contacted you through I google search and saw someone had sent you a messege about the same chair madel and a problem with it turning off.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just need the weight of the chair before I can hire a shipper.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
12/4/2017
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your specific question. Please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

I was not able to locate any information on the 709 model, however I found 4 other models with varying weights;

44KG is 97lbs

67KG is 148lbs

104KG is 229lbs and

278lbs for the 808 model

I did call OSIM direct and from their records the 709 is approximately 100KG or 225lbs

I have not been able to locate any additional information on this issue and since I have not received any feedback, I am thinking the recommendations I mentioned above have been helpful in resolving this problem. If you still need additional assistance just let me know by using the reply box.

Thanks,

Dave

Thank you. I have contacted both the original sales company and the manufacturer and neither one has the information or an answer. Thank you for you attempt. I do not need your help any longer. I have found s mover who will move it regardless of weight.
Since satisfaction is guaranteed and you were unable to provide an answer, I will not agree to pay the additional fee of $24.

I am not sure how you feel I did not provide and answer since I called OSIM direct, (see comments above), however if you still want a refund, please contact customer service direct. I am strictly here to answer question, I have nothing to do with money issues.

I did call OSIM direct and from their records the 709 is approximately 100KG or 225lbs​

I’m fine with paying the initial $5 but not with the $24 extra you did no more than I had already done which I stated in my original inquiry. To pay $24 to have you duplicate a process I had already done myself and had you come back with the actual answer that would have been one thing but you came back with nothing more specific tha n the answer I already had. Similar models weight does not help me, all the movers I contacted wanted the exact weight of MY chair not comparisons. I have since found a moving company that doesn’t care about the weight of the chair and they are sending an extra man for the move. If you want to send me the contact info for Just Answer I will be happy to call them to see what they want to do.
Brian
Brian
Brian, Architect