Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Furnace won't fire and continue to run on first try take off…

Customer Question
Furnace won't fire and...

Furnace won't fire and continue to run on first try take off burner cover and it works fine air intake is clear any ideas

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes filter is new

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Spent 2000 on repair man still doesn't work

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Furnace is three years old done this since new

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
12/3/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Possibly improperly installed air intake piping. How long is the run? how many elbows? what size pipe? where does it terminate?

3 inch exits threw roof in mobile home not sure on elbows at least three I think
Pulled intake pipe off to try did not make a difference

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.