Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a sink thats plugged how can i unplug it what should…

Customer Question
I have a sink...

I have a sink thats plugged how can i unplug it what should i use to unclooged it

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes cause our landlord never has time to do it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I live bymyself i tried vineger it seemed to help some

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
11/29/2017
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your clogged sink question. On behalf of Just Answer, I do apologize for the extended wait time you’ve experienced without an expert responding to your question. Now that I am logged on, please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

T​he best way to unclog any drain is to use the correct plumbing snake for the type of sink. Since kitchen sinks are different then a bathroom sink (typically larger pipes) then a larger snake would be more appropriate to use for unclogging the drain. Pouring chemicals down the drain typically does not work and in some cases can actually harm the pipes causing internal leaks. If you do not have a snake or know someone who does, you can usually rent one from a tool rental yard or store.

Many home improvement stores rent tools. If you do not have access to a snake, I recommend calling a trusted plumber to unclog the drain. Many times you will need to replace some of the drain pipes since the connections may be too old and not reseal properly. One additional comment when snaking. Using a small 25' snake is will never unclog a drain line if the clog is past 25' no matter how hard you try. If the blockage is at 33' and you are using a 25' snake it will never reach the clog.

I have not been able to locate any additional information on this issue and since I have not received any feedback, I am thinking the recommendations I mentioned above have been helpful in resolving this problem. If you still need additional assistance just let me know by using the reply box.

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question? If this information was helpful you can close out this question simply by completing the rating questionnaire when prompted, however…

If you are still having problems that my response and recommendations were unable to resolve, just let me know and I will continue looking for another possible solution, however I do ask that you please do not complete the rating until I have had a chance to do some further research.

Thanks,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 6 months ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on November 28, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

G​reetings... I would very much appreciate it if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know whether or not you still require assistance, or if I should proceed forward and close out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 5 months ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable period of time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is almost 60 days old, and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like to close for us to close out this question. In order to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago

Please respond to this email as now the question is 90 days old and requires closing.

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago

Hello...

Thank you very much,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

I do apologize for these continuing follow-up messages, however since this question remains open and will only close out once the rating portion has been completed by you. Please assist me by taking a few moments to fulfill the rating requirement and this will satisfy the system.

Thank you so much, I sincerely ***** *****

Best,

Dave

Just following up as to whether this information was helpful in answering your question, or do you still need assistance? Please let me know by replying in the box below.

Thanks

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 5 days ago

Thank you,

Dave