Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

When the heater fan kicks on there is a lot of vibration…

Customer Question
When the heater fan...

When the heater fan kicks on there is a lot of vibration noise.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The noise has been steadily increasing.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/28/2017
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your heater fan question. On behalf of Just Answer, I do apologize for the extended wait time you’ve experienced without an expert responding to your question. Now that I am logged on, please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

I​ncreasing vibration from a fan is usually the early signs that the fan is out of balance, the bearing are going or have gone out, there is a problem with the motor mounts, or the motor itself has a problem. The only real way to know is to remove the motor and its housing from the heater and field test it to see what it is doing. Depending on the model and brand of heater this may or may not be easy to do. Usually the working space is hard to reach, cramped, dark, and dirty. If you are not able to perform this work, it may be best to contact a trusted service provider that has the tools and knowledge to safely remove the motor and housing.

I have not been able to locate any additional information on this issue and since I have not received any feedback, I am thinking the recommendations I mentioned above have been helpful in resolving this problem. If you still need additional assistance just let me know by using the reply box.

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on December 28, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Correction. November 28, 2017

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is almost 60 days old, and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like to close for us to close out this question. In order to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago
Please respond to this email as now the question is 90 days old and requires closing.​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****Dave
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 29 days ago

Hello...

Thank you very much,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 day ago

Thank you,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor