Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have Ariens snow blower model 924082, serial 038143. I see…

Customer Question
I have Ariens snow...

I have Ariens snow blower model 924082, serial 038143. I see four grease zerks on the horiz shaft that caries the gathering blades. I try to grease these points but am unable to force any grease into the zerks. Any ideas as towhy ?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 years.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, the blower runs fine and last season there was no sigh of any problems.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
11/27/2017
Home Improvement Expert: mhburris4040, Home Improvement Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
mhburris4040
mhburris4040, Home Improvement Enthusiast

Hello I will see if I can help you today.

The grease zerts have a small ball bearing in the end that allows the grease to flow when under pressure. It is spring loaded.

I would guess that the ball bearing is stuck. You can try to take a sharp item, like a nail or something and press firmly on the center of the fitting and see if you can get the the bearing to release, if not the fitting can be replaced fairly easily. Most auto parts stores have replacement grease fitting. I would take one out and take it with you so that you can make sure you get the right size.

The other option would be to remove the fittings and soak them in some de-greaser solution and see if that would open them back up.

The fittings are not very expensive, I would just replace them.

Please remember this is a dialog, if you have follow-up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Thanks for he advice, I will replace the zerts. I appreciate the quick response.Hollis Feeser

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

mhburris4040
mhburris4040