Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have an American Standard self cleaning toilet that keeps…

Customer Question
I have an American...

I have an American Standard self cleaning toilet that keeps running t took the lid off water was super low added water it flushed when I put the top back on the water in the tank is draining how come?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

New toilets had them about 1 to 1 1/2 months and 1st time it’s happened

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I’m not able to use the toilet unless I take the tank lid off get the level of the water up then it will flush

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
11/27/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 7 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Hi ............more than likely you will need to change the flapper.......do you use any bleach type of a product to clean?.......please let me know?
Thanks
eddie
No, the toilet is brand new
Are you still there

yes

I have others I have to answer so I do need a little more time at times

Ok

if you open the top and press down obn the flapper with the draining stop?

will...........not with

I’ll check
With the lid off it filled and flushed normal - I put the lid back on it started to run again and make a bit of a clicking noise - I’m now trying the self cleaning function to see if that does something - right now it’s not running I’ll have to wait until it’s done
It says this will take 10 min

okay let me know

I think since the toilet is so new I should just contact the company - thanks for your help - have a great day

okay ........good luck