Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Trying to diagnose a refrigerator problem. JFC2089HES - Jenn…

Customer Question
Trying to diagnose a...

Trying to diagnose a refrigerator problem

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

JFC2089HES - Jenn Air/ whirlpool. - bought in Sept 2005

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. we have successfully replaced control board before. but I am short on testing equipment if the problem is 120 volt. etc.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think that's it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/26/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 7 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi.............what problems exactly are you having with it?

freezer is about -20 and frig is 50s. we replaced a control board about 1 yr ago. i've seen the evap coil frozed over diagnosis. wasn't sure the freezer would get that cold if that was the issue.

there is frost on the coil?

this is at a rental house and I plan to go at 1pm EDT. that's what to look for first?
if so, what is remedy?

I didn't know you have a limited amount of time ........so do I ......i have to be away from my computer for a little bit so I will opt out for you and kick iy over to my colleagues......good luck

i was waiting on you. i have time
Is anyone monitoring this?