Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have an LG Truesteam Direct Drive 10kg washing machine. An…

Customer Question
I have an LG...

I have an LG Truesteam Direct Drive 10kg washing machine. An error message LE is coming up which says it is 1 of 4 causes. Ours could only be the filter inlet hose is clogged. My husband has pulled the hoses out and checked and cleaned them both to no avail. Can anyone help as to where we look next

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 2 years old and the model number I found on the side is WD 140715D6

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My husband probably will has he is very good at all such things

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We did remove a bit of rubbish from the cold water inlet hose, ran water through and it is running freely, put it back together but it is still the same. We did not though do the hot tap hose as it was not on. Should we check that as well

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
11/26/2017
Home Improvement Expert: ApplianceTech, Home Improvement Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Home Improvement Enthusiast

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

The LE error code is an overload condition on the drive motor and does not have anything to do with the water supply.

Click here for a description from the LG website that explains the problem.

I would remove the back cover and check the motor disk center bolt and make sure it is tight and check the disk for any looseness or wobble which could give the error code.

Also, has the washer made any loud roaring noise when it went in the spin cycle?

If so, that would indicate the main bearings have gone bad and the motor is getting loaded down due to the increase force require to turn the drum with the bad bearings.

______________________________________________________________________

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you outwith your washer today.

But if you still have questions, just ask , otherwise, may I please ask that you take the time to rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting 3-5 stars to rate my help to you before you leave today.

I thought I would add, that many people think the payment they placed is sent to me after I answer their question. But,it is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then JA credits me for my time working with you.

Just Answers runs on the on "Honor System" for technician ratings and I depend on you for a positive rating. No Rating means I work for free .

By rating my help today, you will be "Locked In" at no additional charge, should you need to come back for any follow-up questions.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out.

Have a great day!

Don

Thanks Don. The switching off for 30 mins did nothing so later today Bill will take the back off and check the bolt and main bearings. Will get back to you later with result
Cheers
Sherryle

OK Sherryle, just let me know if you find anything.

Don