Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

How do you tighten a loose door handle. 1week. Model

Customer Question
How do you tighten...

How do you tighten a loose door handle

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

1week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model #365ggvx

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
11/23/2017
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your specific question. Please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

How do I upload a photo

In order to tighten the door handle you need to remove the screws holding the 2 door halves together. The screws that attach to the handle are inside the 2 halves making for a blind installation

It is best if you can remove the door from the hinges 1st since the door is spring loaded and is hard to handle when apart

Which screws. There are 2 on the top and 2 inside

There are several screws around the edge of the door, these hold the halves together. Did you remove the door from the hinges?

There are no screws around the edge of the door

How about on the inside panel of the door?

just 2 one on each side

ok they hold the halves together once you loosen these it will be hard to hold the door to work on it and it can get damaged. IT IS BEST IT YOU REMOVE IT FROM THE HINGES

I have 2 ovens. I can lift the door off one one but not on this Bertazzoni

You should be able to lower the door to the 1st stop and then pull the door towards you. The hinges should slide out from the bottom of the door

They are spring loaded so be careful you want them to come out together not 1 at a time or they will get bent

No way. The door is not coming off. Not budging
This solution is not working. Please refund

The door will slide out of the hinges, however I will forward your request to customer service. If you have a copy of the owners manual the door can be seen on page 37. These doors take some time to work free. If you would like to continue, let me know and I will try to help.

My manual only has 26 pages. I don’t wish to continue.