Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I clean an office building on a weekly basis, and no matter…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I clean...

Second opinion] I clean an office building on a weekly basis, and no matter how clean the water is, the tile always leaves behind a dirty look. I blame it on the grout, but how do I overcome this problem?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Years, and it is really noticeable after drying.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This just occurs when I am cleaning the tile floors.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 day by:
11/23/2017
Home Improvement Expert: The Home Smithy, Home Builder replied 8 months ago
The Home Smithy, Home Builder

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer.

It isn't the grout. If it were the grout lines would be empty from he grout being removed by the regular cleanings.

Most likely it is hard water deposits. To confirm this pick an affected tile and apply some C.L.R. or vinegar to it and see if it looks any better. If it does then the water is the problem.
I that isn't the problem the only other possibility is the floor cleaner you are using. Try something else and see if that resolves the issue.

Best regards, Smitty