Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I recently had my home roof replaced. My insurance will only…

I recently had my...

I recently had my home roof replaced. My insurance will only pay the $520 for wind and ice shield if I can provide the code number requiring wind & ice shield in Illinois. Can you give me the code number or tell me where to find it?

Contractor's Assistant: Have you talked to a roofing professional yet?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The work is already complete and the insurance company has agreed to pay 520.00 if I show them the code

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I just need to locate a code number

11/21/2017
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Illinois follows the IBC. Ice barrier requirement reference is 1507.2.8.2. High wind attachement only applies to areas with winds possible in excess of 110 mph. That reference is 1507.2.8.1

thanks rick

You're welcome

Rick
Rick, General Contractor