Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

We are building a house. When the framers sheathed the

Hi! We are building a...
Hi! We are building a house. When the framers sheathed the walkout basement with osb, I noticed a hole the size of a silver dollar in the osb. Contractor said framer nailed a hole there without a stud and the pressure broke the osb. He said it wasn't a big deal as there will be tuvek and then siding on top. Is this true? Or should I force a repair? Thanks!!
11/20/2017
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Contractor is correct it's not a big deal. The Tyvek will stop any air from getting in and the siding will cover the hole. I wouldn't be concerned about it. In fact it's common for framers to use sidewall brakets for staging which requires 1" holes in the sheathing (OSB) for the braket brace.

Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Here is a pic

Like I said before, not a problem