Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a schlage privacy interior door handle privacy lock.

Customer Question
I have a schlage...

I have a schlage privacy interior door handle privacy lock. I want to reverse the handle. The lock mechanism does not have a small hole for the release but has a small slot eighth of an inch long. How to I release the handle

Contractor's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Contractor's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phone or web browser

Contractor's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've looked a number of videos that do not apply to this door set

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Thanks for your help. I'm stuck

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
11/20/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Kris8472,
 replied 5 months ago
Kris8472

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

I am moving the lock mechanism to another door and need to reverse the handles. Can I do this with this hardware?
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 5 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi that 1/8 spring loaded mechanism does the same thing you need to push that in to release the handle.........and access the mounting plate........it could be too that it is not pushing in now and is faulty .......try tapping it with a screwdriver and hammer if all else fails...........but that is the way to do that ........please let me know

Thanks

eddie

Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 4 months ago

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

I hope this held substantial meaning for you ....got you out of your difficulty and would consider a 5 STAR rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you! If you do need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks

eddie

None of your suggestions have worked. This version of the stage door handle cannot be altered according to the manufacturer. They are sending me a new lock free. Your service is very expensive. I will terminate this connection. Thank you.

you asked how to get the door knob off and I told you.......while never mentioning what kind of knob YOU wanted to reverse........or ever furnishing a photo even..............now it's apparent it was a lever handle for a right or left hand door

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor