Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

I got some industrial tile cheap. I want to put it in my

basement laundry area. What type...
I got some industrial tile cheap. I want to put it in my basement laundry area. What type of adhesive should I use?
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What type of tile? ceramic? VCT (vinyl composition)?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
There was self stick tile in the laundry area, but we had some water come in and some of the tile lifted. There is the mark of where the tile was. Is there a product to lift the remaining tile? I am using a multi-tool power scraper.Do I have to clean off any remaining adhesive before I put the new tile down?

Use this adhesive
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Henry-Gallon-Trowel-Vinyl-Tile-Adhesive/3775775

As long as the surface is clean you don't have to remove all the old peel & stick adhesive

You'll need a notched spreader for the adhesive

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
The same one I use for ceramic tile? I watched the video on the Lowes site. What is the best way to cut the tiles. I have an aluminum siding snip. Will that work?. I also have a ceramic tile snip.

No, it's different from ceramic mastic. You can rent a cutter made for this tile or score the tile at leas half way through the break it on the score (you usually have to cleanup the cut). You can use snips if the cut is near the edge

Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Rick
Rick
Rick, General Contractor