Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Am getting a “Flame w/o CFH” message on my raypac 406a

Am getting a “Flame...

Am getting a “Flame w/o CFH” message on my raypac 406a heater. Not sure what this means (as the heater for the spa still seems to be working.

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

It’s an inground attached to a pool but we’re just trying to heat the spa part

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I’m not sure - just try’s no to understand the error message

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Trying* - I have the manual that says “board is sensing flame when both main and pilot valves are commanded shut” - but don’t know exactly what this means - since the heater *seems* to be working.

11/19/2017
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

It means just what the you quoted from the manual. It could be a simple glitch or possibly the first sign of a future board failure. I wouldn't be too concerned until the unit stops working.

What does “CFH” stand for?

call for heat

If it happens again and the uni won't fire up try cycling the power off then back on again. That often clears a glitc like this

It’s not an issue that the “main/pilot valve are commanded shut?” What does that mean?

If it happens again and the unit won't fire up try cycling the power off then back on again. That often clears a glitc like this

the main valve and pilot would be shut if there was no call for heat

We did reboot it once but didn’t wait between reboots - got same message It’s off now - and has been for 20 min - so I’ll try to turn it back on now

Ok.

Display said spark spark and then actual went to heating! Looks like it was a glitch - and we’re all set! Thank you!

You're welcome

Rick
Rick, General Contractor