Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I'm just having a bathroom renovated and we've had to pull…

Customer Question
Hi, I'm just having...

Hi, I'm just having a bathroom renovated and we've had to pull up 3 tiles due to being incorrectly laid. They are a natural stone. The builder is telling me it's not a problem to replace the tile and waterproof again. Is this correct?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, are you working with a contractor?

Yes, the tiler is a contractor

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I'm not doing the tiling or the waterproofing, the tiler is.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2017
Home Improvement Expert: ApplianceTech, Home Improvement Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Home Improvement Enthusiast

Hello and thanks for using JA!

Your contractor is correct, there should be no issue to remove the tile or stone and reset them into the space. He will have to remove all the thinset and reapply it to maintain the same level. The only issue I can think that may come up is matching the grout if you are using it to the old color. But a good contractor should be able to get a close match so the replaced tile don"t pop out visually. The grout will have to cure before the final color is achieved .

______________________________________________________________________

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out today.

But if you still have questions, just ask , otherwise, may I please ask that you take the time to rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting 3-5 stars to rate my help to you before you leave today.

By rating my help today, you will be "Locked In" at no additional charge, should you need to come back for any follow-up questions.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out.

Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required, unless you feel I have given you exceptional service.

Have a great day!

Don