Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a Delta Ashton faucet set, purchased from Lowe's in…

Customer Question
I have a Delta...

I have a Delta Ashton faucet set, purchased from Lowe's in Waynesville, N.C. on 05/15/2014. The water will only shut off with concentrated effort, and then, only in one exact location of the handle. A Lowe's employee suggested that I contact Delta about getting a replacement cartridge. The cartridge appears to be part number RP50587, in the installation guide. I'd like to purchase a replacement cartridge. Can you help me?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It's been coming on for about a little over a year, and has finally gotten so that we almost can't shut the water off. It drips constantly, and with a concerted effort, we can work the handle around and eventually get the water to shut off.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I planned on calling my plumber to effect the repair, but wanted to have the cartridge on hand when I do.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything. I believe that's it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
11/18/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

It's available at Home Depot
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-Single-Handle-Valve-Cartridge-RP50587/202624491