Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

We recently had new hardwood floors put in and of course my…

Customer Question
We recently had new hardwood...
We recently had new hardwood floors put in and of course my mother in law took the rough side of a sponge to it, leaving a few large spots that now look dull and like the varnish is completely gone. What is the best way to restore the shine? The people who did our floors left us with a product called Holloway House Quick Shine. Is this something that would help or do I need to reapply varnish? When I do so, do I just try the spot or tape off the whole board and recoat the whole thing?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
11/18/2017
Home Improvement Expert: ApplianceTech, Home Improvement Enthusiast replied 5 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Home Improvement Enthusiast

Hello and thanks for using JA !

Your options are limited but there are a couple of products that you can try short of refinishing the whole floor. I have used them on my floor and they work pretty good. They are not permanent but last for quite a few months, depending on the traffic.

Let me get you some links to the products.

Here are two

click here

click here

click here for doing a larger area

______________________________________________________________________

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out today.

But if you still have questions, just ask , otherwise, may I please ask that you take the time to rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting 3-5 stars to rate my help to you before you leave today.

I thought I would add, that many people think the payment they placed is sent to me after I answer their question. But,it is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then JA credits me for my time working with you.

Just Answers runs on the on "Honor System" for technician ratings and I depend on you for a positive rating. No Rating means I work for free .

By rating my help today, you will be "Locked In" at no additional charge, should you need to come back for any follow-up questions.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out.

Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required, unless you feel I have given you exceptional service.

Have a great day!

Don

I see you did not respond back last night to my answer.

Did you have any other questions for me?

ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech