Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a gas stove still on warranty. I had a repair man…

I have a gas...

I have a gas cook stove still on warranty. I had a repair man sent by a phone call to Whirlpool. My stove oven would not reach temp I set. The tech set it up by 20 degrees. Told me that it would not reach my chosen temp when the oven said it was there and if I needed an exact temp I needed to pre heat for 45minutes. Is this true? Not very environmentally friendly if you need 400 for 12 minutes for cookies or biscuits etc.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I received it in a Modular home. Registered it on July 21 2017.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model WFG540H0EW1

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

SERIAL NO R65310361

11/17/2017
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your stove question. On behalf of Just Answer, I do apologize for the extended wait time you’ve experienced without an expert responding to your question. Now that I am logged on, please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

N​o this does not sound right or even make sense. I recommend calling Whirlpool back and making a compliant and to not send that vendor out again. Ovens should easily reach 500+ degrees or more if a self cleaning feature is included. If you oven is slow to reach a reasonable temperature then the problem is either gas related (gas valve or regulator problem) or a thermostat problem. These are the only 2 main parts that control the gas. The main control board could also be a problem if defective, or the type of gas is wrong for the gas valve (Natural vs LP)

Thanks

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor
Thanks. Your response was very good but I no longer need your service and am now willing to pay
That should read not willing to pay

Thank you very much for the positive rating, I sincerely ***** ***** All experts are here to help answer questions and have no control over money issues. If you need further assistance or help with another question, just let me know,

Best,

Dave