Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I cannot get my fireplace lit. I am new to my home, when i…

I cannot get my...

I cannot get my fireplace lit. I am new to my home, when i was looking at the house the fireplace has a wall turn on switch and it worked. When I moved in the gas was off, I had the gas truned on, but now I can't get it lit. I see the ignition working, but the gas doesn't seem to be flowing and it's on in the house, What am I doing wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

I'm not totally sure except I know it's a Lennox.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can.

11/16/2017
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your specific question. Please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

Can you upload a few photos showing the fireplace and the controls?

stand by

I​ will be away for a short period and respond when I return, thanks.

Here you go

A​re you able to get the pilot lit using the electric spark ignitor (black button)? The gas valve needs to be turned to pilot to light it. The wall switch most likely was to control the flame (either on or off) once the pilot has been lit and the gas valve turned to the ON position. If that is not the case let me know.

I will let you know if I need anymore information.

Ok just let me know if I can be of help.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor