Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I would like to know do I install the vinyl hard floor tiles…

I would like to know...
I would like to know do I install the vinyl hard wood floor tiles on my floor first then do I install the mouldings on the floor of the wall?I already removed staples and nails from the hard wood floor. I bought floating click on vinyl hard wood water proof tiles.
11/15/2017
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

Yes tile first then mo;ding. Molding covers the expansion gap you have to leave at the wall or any other minor gap.

Ok, I bought the moulding from home depot. But also a baseboard, should I use a moulding to cover the gap or a baseboard. I also bought floating click on vinyl hard wood floor tiles, should I buy regular click on tiles? What is the difference?

You can use either. There is no significant difference

Rick
Rick, General Contractor
I apologize for replying to you late as I had a family emergency that I needed to take care of. Thank you for your assistance. Happy Holidays.

You're welcome

I have a follow up question before I install the click on tiles, I would like to know how to remove old wooden sticks that were glued to the floor? How do I remove them easily? Those wooden sticks are glued to the floor and I tried a hammer to remove it but it does not work.

I responded in the other thread.