Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

We presently have a corner ng fireplace insert. I would like

Hi, We presently have a...
Hi, We presently have a corner ng fireplace insert. I would like to take it out and move it to a wall nearby. I just don't like it in the corner. Is it possible to use the unit we presently have and move it? Thanks very much
JA: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?
Customer: It is a natural gas fireplace which was installed when our new house was being built.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It is only 9 years old. I am hoping my handy husband and I could do it with the help of our gas fitter son.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The fireplace will be moved 6 feet from where it is on an outside wall, Thanks
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
It is inside the livingroom and will be moved to stay in the livingroom
11/15/2017
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your fireplace insert question. On behalf of Just Answer, I do apologize for the extended wait time you’ve experienced without an expert responding to your question. Now that I am logged on, please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

Y​ou should be able to relocate the insert provided you do a few recommended things; Follow the manufacturers installation instructions and venting procedures, relocate the gas line, provide required electrical wiring, make sure all the framing meets the building code standards, and it is also advisable to get a building permit, which will ensure that the insert was installed properly and complies with all the current code requirements.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question? If this information was helpful you can close out this question simply by completing the rating questionnaire when prompted, however…

If you are still having problems that my response and recommendations were unable to resolve, just let me know and I will continue looking for another possible solution, however I do ask that you please do not complete the rating until I have had a chance to do some further research.

Thanks,

Dave

I have not been able to locate any additional information from what has already been listed, however if you require more assistance please let me know what you are looking for and I will continue my research.

Dave

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Did you still need help answering your fireplace question or was the information I provided sufficient? Just let me know if you require additional help and I will continue to assist you.

Dave

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Thanks for your answer.I dont have any further questions.

You're most welcome. Enjoy the holiday today.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Thank you very much for the positive rating, I sincerely ***** ***** If you need further assistance or help with another question, just let me know.

Best,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor